Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Fun

What do you like to do on a hot summer day? One of my favorite activities is skiing . . . on water and snow! My family has a summer camp on Woodbury Lake in Vermont and we love to get together on beautiful days and play in the water. My children like tubing at high speeds and jumping over huge waves made by the boat. I much prefer skiing on calm water and making my own spray.

We also have a pair of loons with a baby spending the summer on the lake. They are quite content to bob in the water as we ski past them. Sometimes we get a close look at them while kayaking. Not too close though . . . wouldn't want to scare the baby. Early in the morning we can hear their calls to one another. Click here to listen for yourself! Loon wail

No comments:

Post a Comment